Takuapa Local Life Tour
A unique opportunity to visit Takuapa Old Town and to learn more about Thai people and their way of life. Walk through the streets in the old part of the town with a local guide to see the almost 200 year old houses that were built in the traditional style of that period. Visit temples in the area that show the difference between a Buddhist and a Chinese Taoist temple and a local school to see the children singing hymns and saying a Buddhist prayer. You will visit various places where the 2004 tsunami disaster is remembered and respect is made to those who lost their lives.
- Visits to Thai Buddhist and Chinese temples
- Remembering and respecting those lost in the 2004 tsunami
- 05:00 to 05:30 hrs – Pick up from your hotel
- Stop at Fresh market where you can buy food to offer to the Buddhist monks
- Experience and taste Tim Sum
- Visit a local school and the local “Moon Cake” bakery
- Walk and see the architecture of old town, shops, foods, and learn about the history
- Visit Thai Buddhist and Chinese temple
- Monk Chat
- After the light lunch, visit the Saori Foundation
- 13:30 to 14:00 hrs – Return to your hotel
- Transfers from/ to hotels (major hotel in Khao Lak only).
- English speaking guide.
- Other services not mentioned on this programme.
- Personal expenses such as tips, alcoholic beverage, etc
- Transfer service operates according to pre-assigned and route only. Please let us know your hotel name during your booking process. We will confirm you the pick up time by email.
- Extra charge will be applied for transfer in some Khaolak area. (To be advised).
- This tour depends on the number of passengers. The tour requires minimum 4 pax to operate the trip.
- Child between ages 4 – 12 years old will be charged as child price.
- In any case of your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the quantity of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront the show/tour. Hotels2thailand.com reserves the right to non-refund if the booking is mistaken reserved by guest.
Important Think To Know
- This tour operates: Tuesday,Thursday.
- What to Bring: Sun block lotion, insect repellent, camera, spare money and shoes: sandals.
- Please keep in mind that we have a ‘DRESS CODE’ at the Temples. No short sleeves both male and female, shorts should be below the knee.
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- Late arrivals: If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows.
- Please note that the itinerary and timing are approximate and may be modified without notice to fit the tide and local weather conditions.
How to Use
- You must book at least 24 hours prior to arrival.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher to enter to the attraction directly.
- The person who books and receives the confirmation voucher must present a valid photo ID/passport along with the voucher number.
- The voucher is valid only on specified date and time of the tour.